Bar Ilan University- International School
Last updated: Feb 3rd, 2020
Bar-Ilan University (the “University”) is one of the largest universities in Israel. The university campus is located in the heart of the Dan district, and Students from all over the world study in Bar-Ilan’s leading degree programs.
The Site is a marketing site only and does not include a personal area or personal information except as described in this Privacy, Cookie and Direct mailing Policy.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change this Privacy, Cookie and Direct mailing Policy at any time. This change will take effect ten (10) days after the release of a revised Privacy, Cookie and Direct mailing Policy at the Site and your continued use of the Site after a period of 10 days shall constitute acceptance of such changes. In such cases, we will also update the “Last modified date” stated above. Please check the webpage above regularly for each change.
The University is headquartered in Ramat-Gan, Israel.
The University has appointed an internal data protection officer (DPO) for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about the international school personal data policies or practices. The University’s data protection officer’s name and contact information are as follows:
Collection of Information and Consent
We collect, process and use your information for the purposes described in this Privacy, Cookie and Direct mailing Policy, based at least on one of the following legal grounds:
- With your consent: We ask for your consent to process your information for specific purposes and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, we ask for your consent to provide you with personalized content and ads using cookies.
- When performing this agreement: We collect and process your personal information in order to provide you with the Site, following your acceptance of this Privacy, Cookie and Direct mailing Policy; to maintain and improve our Site; to develop new services and features for our Users; and to personalize the Site in order for you to have a better user experience.
- Legitimate interests: We process your information for our legitimate interests while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for purposes such as detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, usability, functionality or technical issues with our Site, protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of our properties, or our users, or the public as required or permitted by law; Enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of this Privacy, Cookie and Direct mailing Policy; In order to comply and/or fulfil our obligation under applicable laws, regulation, guidelines, industry standards and contractual requirements, legal process, subpoena or governmental request, as well as our Term of Use.
- Contact form: You can contact us by submitting a contact form on the Site. By doing so, you will be requested to fill your name, email, phone number and interests. This data is essential for us to contact you following your request.. By filling out this contact form, you know that you are not legally obligated to provide us with any information and you acknowledge that providing us with personal information is done freely. Also, you are not required to fill out the contact form in the first place.
Use of your information
We retain this information for business and marketing purposes only and will not retain unnecessary information.
international school does not store the Site on its own infrastructure and any storage is supplied by “_________”, a third party that provides storage services. This means that the data you provide to us or that we or third parties collect from you (including any personal information) is stored by third-party service providers on servers owned or controlled by them. Their servers may be located anywhere in the world, and your data may also be replicated on multiple servers located in multiple countries for back up purposes
Therefore, please note that you agree that your data will be transferred to various third-party service providers worldwide. We rely on “_________”security and privacy regarding to the infrastructure (hereby XXX/).
Like many websites and applications, we use “Cookies” to collect information.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file sent from a website which is then stored by your web browser. Cookies are widely used for record-keeping purposes in order to make a website work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website
We use Google Analytics and other tools as written here for analytics purposes.
You may refuse the use of our cookies.
What can you do if you don’t want cookies on your computer? You can change your internet browser settings by following the instructions provided by your browser provider to stop accepting cookies or notify you before receiving a cookie from the site you’re visiting if you do not accept cookies. However, you may not be able to use all parts of the Site or any functionality of the relevant services.
We will not share or sell or trade your personal information to any third party for its marketing needs without your explicit consent.
You are aware that the University may from time to time send you marketing information on the University services by email.
You can unsubscribe at any time by logging in to the link at the bottom of the email you receive from us containing these publications or by sending an email to: ________.
Your rights (according PPA regulations, GDPR and other applicable legislation)
- Right of review
You are entitled to review information held about you in the University’s databases, either by yourself or through your authorized representative in writing or by a guardian. For this purpose, you are welcome to contact the University via email delivery to email address ___________. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and in the appropriate cases we will be able to review your information no later than 30 days from the date of application.
- Correction and Deletion of personal data
You are entitled, after reviewing your information and finding that it is incorrect, incomplete, unclear or not up to date, to contact the University and seek to correct or delete the information about you. For this purpose, you are welcome to contact the University by sending an e-mail to an email address ___________. We will respond to your application as soon as possible and no later than 30 days from the date of application.
Use of our Site is not permitted to users under the age of 16 years old and by using our Site you declare that you are over the age of 16 years old. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 16 years old. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with personal information without their consent, they should contact us at https://biuinternational.com/contact/. If we become aware that a user under the age of 16 years old has provided us with personal information, this information will be deleted from our database.
You can send us a ‘contact us’ (or similar) request by filling out and submitting an online form that international school provides on the Site or by sending an email to the following address: https://biuinternational.com/contact/ You are required to provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address, phone number and your message in order for us to contact you.