Dormitories for International Students
Bar-Ilan University’s dormitories welcome international students, providing you with a warm family atmosphere and convenient access to all academic services.
Each apartment is air-conditioned and consists of a kitchen, an LCD television screen, a joint living space, and a bathroom with a shower. Every other floor has a spacious communal balcony.
The dorm facility includes Wi-Fi and a 24/7 service center with a washing machine, clothes dryer, and a social space (a club room) on the ground floor.
BIU’s dorms are in high demand and thus, space may be limited. If there is no available space within the dorms, we will be happy to recommend alternative options within proximity to the university. See the links below.
The long-term rental period is for a full academic year from October to the end of the following September.
Yearly contracts are handled by Electra, the company operating the Bar-Ilan dormitories, and not by the International School.
All information, including the variety of room types available, can be found on the Bar-Ilan/Electra dorms website.
Please contact Electra directly for further information. Email: [email protected].
The short-term rental period can be anything from a few weeks up to six months. These dorm rooms are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
Short-term rentals are handled directly by the International School. You may contact the International School Dorms Coordinator in the following ways:
Apartments and Prices
- Rental prices may vary based on the length of the contract.
- Prices include utilities (water and electricity).
- Prices do not include bedding, towels, or kitchenware.
- Prices are per person per month – in Israeli shekels (NIS).
(Click the apartment type to see the floor plan)
1-3 month contracts
4-6 month contracts
- To reserve a room and avoid any problems with finding accommodation, please make sure you book as soon as possible. Your spot is reserved only AFTER paying a deposit of NIS 1,000 and signing a contract.
- In case of cancellation within 30 days prior to your arrival, you will not be refunded for your deposit.
- Check-in and check-out times are Sunday-Thursday between 09:00-16:00.
- The International School is closed during weekends (Friday-Saturday) and Jewish holidays. Please plan your arrivals and departures accordingly and notify us at [email protected].
- It is forbidden to smoke in the dormitory area.
- Please make sure you throw your trash away ONLY in the trash rooms on floor -1.
- Please maintain the furniture and your surroundings while on campus. If there is any damage to anything, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately.
- It is forbidden to make noise after 23:00 in the dorms area.
- It is forbidden to use radiators or any electric equipment for heating\cooling except for the air-conditioning unit that is provided in the apartments.
- It is forbidden to have any type of self-defense weapon on the university’s campus.
- It is forbidden to keep bicycles and motorbikes inside the dorm building.
If you would like to reserve a dorm room and sign a contract or require any additional information regarding short-term dorm rental, please contact [email protected].
Accommodation Off Campus
If there are no dorm apartments available, or you would rather rent a flat off campus, whether near the university or in Tel Aviv, we have provided a list of relevant websites and Facebook groups for you with useful information. Some are in English and some are in Hebrew. You can find all the links here: Accommodation Off Campus